A summary of what I've done each week
I completed a fairly pretty To Do List project.
The latest part of my course was making a one-page project which is a playable game.
You choose the color swatch that matches the displayed RGB color code. It was a lot of fun to make.
If you like, you can play the game here.
I advanced my understanding of object oriented programming this week by challenging myself to figure out one of my exercises on my own and going beyond my instructions to improve my code structure.
I made strides in my personal life and job searching, although I have no changes to the website to report.
Now visitors to the page can email me! ...As long as they promise not to misuse the address I give them.
A problem with the site was causing some images to appear only as broken links. It seems this was due to having spaces in my file names. I've changed the file names in order to fix this moving forward. My thanks to the friend who patched it for me on the live site in the mean time.
I haven't made any changes to the website this week, but have been steadily continuing my lessons.
My lessons are getting more interesting and challenging. I took on the challenge of building the forEach function out of for loops and was able to figure out parts of it ahead of the instructor's walkthrough.
I finished the lessons and exercises my course gives me on functions this week, and have started learning about arrays.
I tidied up the updated version of the site I have been working on since late October, made some adjustments and uploaded it. The new website is much prettier and more modern; I think it's a worthy version 2.0, although it's still pretty barebones.
I am now balancing my studies and work on this website with searching for a job, so progress will be slowed somewhat.
It has been two months of chaos moving from place to place trying to settle into a place I could stay longer than three weeks.
I've finally done it, though. I have a new home for four months and have some hope of being ready to resume work on this site.
Milestones have been delayed. I have removed the estimates for when things will be done from my Timeline page. Until my situation is more solid, I don't feel I can promise timelines.
For the past two weeks I have been adapting to changes in my circumstances and my plans.
This project may be put on pause while I redirect my attention to figuring out where I will live and how I will support myself.
I began a major redesign of the website using Bootstrap 4. The Welcome, Blog and Shipping Information pages have been redone.
The end of this week was consumed in preparations to move.
I spent this week away from my work on the website to focus on settling a new roommate into our household, setting boundaries and managing relationships.
Despite this, I made the first steps on the culminating exercise of my course's Bootstrap module.
I made progress in my Bootstrap studies this week. I learned about the Bootstrap grid system and the changes in Bootstrap version 4.
I created a first attempt at a navigation bar for the website.
I filled out my inventory records and took and retouched more photos.
I sketched out layout, content and logic for a modestly detailed custom order form.
My main priority was to return to the original planning booklet I used to set my goals and timeline, and clarify my goals and next steps for the rest of October.
The site redesign has been delayed. I still plan to release it, but I have decided not to set a strict deadline this time.
This week, I have covered the first unit of material on Bootstrap in my studies. Bootstrap is a handy collection of pre-sets which will help me make my website prettier and more responsive, much more easily. The upcoming site redesign will make use of its tools and should look much more modern and professional as a result.
I also put several more hours into continuing to inventory my bracelets. Now my inventory file includes the estimated diameter of wrist each bracelet will fit.
I have continued to take and edit photos. However, the main new development this week was sorting my existing inventory of bracelets and beginning to fill out an inventory record of what items I have, and the traits of each item. For example, the pattern and colors of a given bracelet.
I have also been experimenting with html and css in order to redesign the website's style. I plan to have it finished and launched by the end of next week.
I designed the first social media advertisements for my site and released them on all three of my social media streams this week. I spent four and a half hours on Wednesday working on photos, and another hour and a half studying CSS.
Most of my work this week was in one big burst of activity to get the first version of the website online, and then contacting people to tell them about it.
I made logo images with backgrounds and made sure each of my social media accounts had an appropriate branded image as its avatar. I put some work into retouching some more product photos with white backgrounds.